Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Honey Ginger Dressing
This salad started out as a lunch or dinner side dish, but it’s been my go-to breakfast all week, with a sprinkling of crushed walnuts on top. It’s so refreshing, bright and flavorful; the strawberries, honey and ginger provide the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. Just wait until all of the flavors meld together a day after making this, and you’ll want to eat this all week too. Not only is this recipe refreshing and flavorful, it’s ready in minutes and contains few ingredients. All you have to do is chop the cucumber, slice the strawberries, peel and mince the ginger, then make the dressing. A tip for peeling ginger with ease, use a small spoon to scrape away the skin, instead of a knife.
So, take a trip to your local famers market, buy some organic strawberries, as they most commonly have the highest pesticide residue. I bought 2 lbs, but you only need about a 1/2 lb for this recipe (Yes, I love strawberries that much J). Cucumbers ranked pretty high on EGW 2017 list of pesticide containing produce at #15. So, I recommend buying organic cucumbers as well, given that you’re eating this salad raw and you can’t wash off all pesticides when the residue amounts are high.
I know you’ll love this recipe and you’ll want to share it with friends! Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.
Strawberry Cucumber Salad With Honey Ginger Dressing
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 0 mins | Total time: 15 mins
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cucumber, large
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Set aside five strawberries for the dressing.
- Slice the remaining strawberries, totaling 2 cups. I sliced mine into thinner quarters, but feel free to slice as thick or as thin as you'd like.
- Chop the cucumbers into smaller dice-size pieces. Don't peel the cucumbers (your glowing skin will thank you for this).
- Place the strawberries and cucumbers into a large bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a small food processor bowl, then combine with the balsamic, honey, ginger, 5 sliced strawberries, you set aside, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Serve immediately, or if you have time, refrigerate for an hour or more, then serve.
71 calories (4 from fat), 0.5g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 1g protein